Saturday, April 24, 2010

What Do You and Your Mate Talk About?


I found this article about what happy couples talk about. I was interested in what it would say and if I discussed the same things with my hubby. Let me explain a bit.

I got a new job in 2007. I worked there about four months when my hubby got hired. We have a large age difference between us so most people think we are the typical "divorced got remarried years later" couple. So, when we'd had lunch together in the cafeteria at work, people started making comments or asking us questions. They said things to my hubby like, how sweet, she looks all dreamy-eyed at you. Or they wanted to know how long we'd been married, because we had that newlywed starry look in our eyes.

Well, we are two divorced people who married each other later. But I got married young the first time. So, I was on marriage number two before most women are on their first. Hubby and I have been married for 11 years. And yes, we still have that look in our eyes. We are happy. That's why I wanted to know how we compared to what the article said.

Most of the things on the list are true. I've told him how when I was five or six at a brownie meeting waiting for my mother to pick me up that I wet my pants. I was so embarrassed I never went back. And he told me how he got lost on the way to prom with his date he'd met at church, they drove through the wrong side of town and got propositioned by a hooker. We talk about political views, current events, TV shows, and even past relationships. We know about each others childhoods.

The one thing I don't want to talk about is the future. Why? Well, because he thinks there's this RV in it, where he drives around and plays golf and I write. I like the travel and the writing part. Shoot, I can even agree to the golf. But the RV? I don't think. The man can't drive a truck without getting stuck or hitting a mailbox. No, I don't want to talk about the future, but I think we'll be just fine.


Jasmine






1 comment:

  1. LOL, Jasmine. Guys and RVs... I think something about the large vehicle excites them!

    ReplyDelete