Thursday, February 25, 2010

Astrological Reading


Okay, so I don't put much into these things. But I do read my astrological sign with facebook apps. from time to time. And I thought a line in mine today was appropriate.

Art, romance or work can all make you smile.

These three are the same to me. Just thought it was perfect as I met and passed my writing goal today. I'm working on a WIP that has a deadline. I usually don't do deadlines due to my illness and never knowing how I will feel from hour to hour. But to met my goal, I need to write 300 words a day for 50 days. That gives me time to write the book and edit.

300 words doesn't sound like much, but for me it is so much more. I can sit down and write a couple thousand words at a time. The problem is if I do that, I will stop and not write again for days if not weeks. Schedules are hard for me to keep. If I do too much of anything, I tend to get sick for days. (scrubbing a floor yesterday was a bad idea) So a schedule of 300 words a day (and making dinner and getting the dishes washed) is a personal challenge of mine until the book is done.

Today I wrote 1,035 words. Plus I plotted out my next 300 words as I laid down to take a nap. I am a bit ahead of schedule as of today. But I have a couple of days of doctor appointments coming up that might set me back. Crossing my fingers they don't.

The story needs to be at least 15,000. I'm at 6,150 right now, pecking away at 300 words a day. I hope I plotted a 15K book and not a 40K. Oh well, we'll see. And I'll keep you posted.

Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. I'm a scorpio as well, and those words are perfect for me too. Wierd, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're doing great with your schedule. Wish I was so disciplined...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent way to meet your goals. It's totally awesome, the ways you are finding to get what you want accomplished in spite of your illness. Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Piper and Sutton. Had to follow hubby to get the brakes fixed on the truck, leave the truck and take him to the doctor and then grocery shop this morning. It's 10 here. By this time I'm usually done with my 300 words and off to take a nap. I just got home and groceries put away and I feel my nap calling. I'm going to try to get through my 300 words. Because if I don't, I'm not sure I will tomorrow either as I have a doctor's apt at 9. Yes, on a Saturday. Ugh!

    Off to try to get those words in if my mind will stay focused on writing and off the nice warm bed calling my name.

    ReplyDelete