Wednesday, November 18, 2009

2010 EPIC Finalist


Coming Together: Against the Odds is a finalist in the 2010 EPIC awards! I'm so excited as this book's proceeds goes to Autism Speaks.

Autism is a serious condition affecting more and more children and families everyday. If you are a parent, please give me a moment. Think about the first time your child hugged you, placed a sloppy kid on your cheek or said I love you, Mommy/Daddy. Do you remember? It was the most amazing feeling in the world.

Now picture your child with Autism. There are no hugs. No kisses. No I love yous. Sometimes you must walk away from your visit at the group home knowing without a cure, your child will never live with you or have a family of their own. And you can't let your mind wander to what will happen to your child once you've passed on.

Autism is a heartbreaking word for any parent to hear. I have two beautiful, healthy children. But autism entered my life when I married a wonderful man with a severely autistic child. Over the years, this child has grown into a young man and still, there is no cure. My heart breaks every time I have to watch my husband walk away from a visit with him.

There are a lot of great mystery themed stories in this anthology. My husband honored me when writing my story, MISSING PIECES, by letting me name my hero after his son, Addison. I get no proceeds from the sale of this book. As a matter of fact, no author does. But I ask you, on your next book shopping trip, whether it is paperback or ebook, please help honor all the Addison's in this world and buy a copy.


Get your copy at Phaze today!

Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the nomination. Best of luck, fingers crossed for this collection to win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of another book I'd rather see win. Congrats to you and all the other contributors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the nomination! I teach two kids that are autistic, one being more severe than the other and it's quite a challenge for me. I do wonder who they will grow up to be like.

    ReplyDelete