Monday, April 27, 2009

Green Idea

A lot of people who suffer from fibromyalgia also suffer from chemical sensitives (MCSS). Now I can't say that I have MCSS. What I can say is that I itch and have burning sensations where cleaning chemicals touch my skin. I also have this problem with makeup and metals (jewelry and such.) Metals also make my teeth ache. I can't touch wood products that are not smooth. So even books that are printed on low quality paper hurts my hands to touch.

Is this MCSS? I don't know. But here is what I do know.

I got this new product at Wal-mart. It's called a bathroom stone made from
Earthstone . It's made for heavy duty cleaning and scrubbing. It's made with no chemicals and is 100% Eco-friendly and 95% recycled material. I saw it in the cleaning isle the other day and said, what the hell, I'll give it a try.



This morning I tried it out on my shower. WOW! This thing really works. Now it took a little bit of time to get it started. You have to use water to make it work and it takes a couple of minutes for the water and the stone to interact with each other. But once that takes place, it was amazing. I had the residue on my hand, which according to the label is safe to wash down the drain, and no itching or burning. It didn't irritate my eyes, skin, breathing...nothing. And it was easy to use. I did have to scrub a bit, but I have hard water and I hadn't found anything to get a deep clean. So I'm thinking next time I won't have to scrub as hard since this got that deep clean.


According to their website, they also make stones for the kitchen, grill, pool and to remove paint. They also have a growstone that is made from recycled glass. You use it in place of soil and plants grow in them. Cool.

I definitely recommend this product for anyone. And who knows, changing to more green products might help my fibro and other conditions people suffer from as well as helping the planet.


Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment